Mail email@example.com for more details, or call on 0779 666 4305.
Flyer Websites are:
- Quick to setup
- Maintenance free
In particular, they are ideal for the small business or individual who doesn’t want all the hassle of getting involved with websites, but does need to keep up with the times.
Maybe you’re a one man band. A painter and decorator perhaps, or a chimney sweep. It doesn’t matter what you do, but you do need some kind of advertising, so that people can find you and do business with you.
So what do you get? And how much will it cost? What about ‘extras’?
You will get a single page website at a great price. Think about it as a flyer or brochure, but on the Internet where everyone can find it, not just the people who’ve received it through the letterbox.
We offer this as a low cost introduction to the Internet and websites, so that you can put your toe in the water without risking a large financial outlay. Of course, there’s nothing to stop you upgrading to a more ambitious site at any time!
If you want us to do the design for you site, we charge only £25.00, for a simple single page. If you provide the design in a form that we can quickly use to create a website from, then we don’t charge for the site creation. See our FAQ below.
For hosting the website for 12-months, we charge £25.00.
If you renew for another year, it will again be £25.00 for the hosting only, and so on.
How do we do this so cheaply? Simple. We cut out the frills. You won’t get hours of creative effort spent putting your site together, but you will get:
- A simple, clear, great looking website.
- Reliable hosting means that your website will be equally reliable, creating a good impression with your customers.
- Our sites are all backed up every day, so that if the worst happens, we’ve got it covered.
- We will add keywords and descriptions for your site, so that your customers can find your site through Google etc.
This depends on your needs. The basic product could be sufficient for your needs. If it is, then that’s it.
Possible extras might include:
- Get your self a real domain name. The standard product will give you a website with a URL such as http://flyers.moorlandshosting.net/your-site-name
This might be fine in some cases, and does avoid the extra cost of getting yourself a real domain. However it might not create the impression that you want. How much does a domain cost? Typically it’s about £20 for 2 years, plus our admin fee of £10 to set up, and £5 to renew whenever the domain is about to expire. Costs do depend on the domain selected though.
We can then set-up your domain to point at your page on our servers. With your own domain, we can also set up email accounts for you.
Alternatively, we can set up a free ‘shortened’ URL such as http://bit.ly/tmby1k which points to the real page. Your site is now dissociated from our hosting platform, and you can hand out this URL instead.
How is the design produced?
Your finished website will look a little like this page. Colours and logos can be added/changed as required. You can either send an email with the text and images that you would like to use; send the basic information by letter and leave it to us, if you have no fixed ideas about how it should look. Don’t forget to include contact details, so that customers can contact you. Contact us by phone or email to agree the best way to get the information to us – we aim to be flexible. You can also use free templates found on the Internet to form the basis of your site. Please bear in mind that if you need more than basic customisation of such a template, then you will need to select one of our other products eg. our Bronze Package (see below).
Please make sure that you own the copyright of all material used on your site.
We can generate a QR code such as this one, which will allow people with smartphones to get easy access to your website, by scanning the code with their phone from any paper based advertising that you might distribute.
- A QR code
We will add suitable ‘key words ‘ and descriptions behind the scenes to help Google understand your site, and enable your customers to find it.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have a logo or other graphics?
- Yes you can. You can use your existing company logos as part of your page.
- Can I update my site?
- Up to a point. In order to pare down the costs to you, we don’t allow direct access to the site. If you need to make regular changes to the site, we have a better product for you. We will always change contact information free of charge on request. Other changes will incur a fee.
- Can I have more than 1 page?
- Not with this product. You would be better with one of our static sites or CMS sites if you need more than one page. Of course, you can make your single page as long as you wish, within reason. Think of it as an on-line version of a paper flyer.
- Can I design the site myself with tools that I have at home?
- Yes, as long as it’s plain HTML and CSS. No scripts or databases. If you need these features, we have better products for you.
Upgrades & next steps?
A ‘Flyer Website’ is the most basic yet cost effective website that we do. We off a range of website types, to suite all your needs. Ask for advice, and we will gladly guide you to the most suitable one for your needs. See our main Services and Pricing pages for details. In summary we can also do:
- A basic static site (our ‘Bronze’ package), that consists of multiple pages, with menus. We also give the customer access to the site so that they can perform updates at no extra cost should they wish.
- A CMS – Content Management System (our ‘Silver’ package), that allows the use of a database. This enable the use of a CMS which makes the creation and updates to a website very easy indeed. There are many free templates that you can use to get the look and feel just right for you. If you don’t have much web experience but need to make regular updates, this might be the package for you.
- If you need more disk space or a more complex web application, then our ‘Gold’ package will probably suit you.